Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Omo Oshun Adornments

This summer has marked a summer of growth! This is what I sensed, what I planned and what I put into action! Becoming the higher me! But more on that later...

I have always been an artist. I have always had a love for the natural, the beautiful, the aesthetic. I'm good with my hands and have always been what I call a "creator". So with that, I have begun crafting my own jewelry and adornments. The possibilities are endless! There are always more colors to play with, materials, things to re-create, recycle, create, so on and so forth. I am overjoyed!

How it all started was a simple desire to make things. I have dabbled in making jewelry and other types of craft over the years for my entire life. I used to make friendship bracelets, all types of keychains and embroidery. Then I branched into beadwork with which I made waistbeads. I made a few for myself, some for friends, etc. Culture has also always interested me. I love expression, colors, uniqueness!

So with that, I began gathering materials and creating my own custom designed and hand-crafted earrings and the like, but earrings especially. I posted them on facebook and got rave reviews, as well as requests. So hey... the journey began that is now known as Omo Oshun Adornments. www.facebook.com/OmoOshunAdornments, http://www.artfire.com/users/OmoOshunAdornments, http://www.twitter.com/OmoOshunAdorn (pictures to follow in the next post)

Find me! Follow me! Support me! communicate with me! What would you like to see created? How could some designs be improved! I'd love to hear what you all think! And of course as always, thanks for spending the time to send me back even a fraction of the love that I put into all my hard work!

2 comments:

Cee said...

Sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm off to find you on facebook, I'm excited to see the jewellery. I love jewellery like crazy, I always designed and got them made by others but I feel like I need to mature and make them myself, can't wait to see your work.

BeheldByDivinity said...

Wow I'm sorry for seeing this so late! I'm glad you tuned in. I'm actually about to post another blog showing pictures this time. When I made this post, I just wanted to get it out there and had limited internet service so ya know how that goes. I am now settled in well on campus, most of the hustle and bustle has been organized so I'm back to creating. I have some new wonderful pieces as we speak!