Friday, December 30, 2011

Vintage Poetry: Divine Mercy

God visited me today
And awakened my sleeping body
Clearing my sinuses and thoughts,
Heart and soul
With the firm embrace
To warm my tired heart
Opening my weakened soul
To His love
That I thought had forsaken me
And when I grew wary,
Filled my ears with the songs
And faith that carried my ancestors

Forcing me to my knees
And with hands reached towards
The Father, He whispered
Peace be still,
Bringing tears to my eyes
That seemed would never stop
Joy unmentionable
And praises to my lips in the
Tongue of ancients
He reminded me to whom I belonged
And my purpose for being
My troubles would not go unrewarded
And that this life was not eternal
As to not get caught up
For my place as His beloved
Is in His bosom

Reminded me how He had kept me
And my gracious ancestors
And it is to Him I should look
And I could not thank Him enough
Eyes still full of tears,
I humbled myself
Bare and vulnerable
With my freshly opened heart
And mouth
That began to bellow out:
For every mountain
You brought me over
For every trial Youve seen me through
For every blessing
Hallelujah!
For this I give You praise!

And gazing towards the Heavens
Was blinded by the
Splendor of His grace
Saw my grandmother
And received reassurance
Arising with understanding
Not merely of where Id been
But certain of where to go


see the original post here: http://www.drytear.net/index.php?showtopic=23283&hl=

No comments: