Friday, December 30, 2011

Vintage Poetry: Mr. Intentional

The road to hell
Is paved with good intentions
While meaning well
Preaching the fulfillment of me
Mind body and soul
Youve always managed
To keep that safe distance

And youre always disappointed
Because my life keeps changing
But you forget
I deal in the real
What is palpable
I tried many times
And now know that I cannot cope
Lying so far and alone
Ears full of your desires
My body screaming
And soul calling
To be there beside you
Only to be blamed
For your loneliness
And demanded to travel
Those many unaffordable miles

To be yours forever
Has been a dream
not yet in the slightest, fulfilled
to call my body home to your arms
would bring pleasure unparalleled
and my wondering heart
eternal rest
because even it knows
that there is where it belongs
but blinded by your own desperate desires
always too busy ignoring the truth
so quickly judging me for my quick fixes
always forgetting what Ill always want is you

see the original post here: http://www.drytear.net/index.php?showtopic=23284&hl=

No comments: