Friday, December 30, 2011

Vintage Poetry: Driven

Finally driven
Out of my arms and
Into the streets
Already further than I could reach
I remember the days I would
Pray to keep you
Break my back to please you
Suffer in silence to appease you
In return getting love
Seemingly everlasting
Which became as my lifes water
And sustained my very being

I gave it all to you
I set the keys to the motherland
At your worn and tattered feet
To receive those broken promises
Wiping away my tears
After having told me the next lie
Throwing me into the next trap

But enough was enough
I had finally decided
So I guess youve found
In the streets what I refused to relinquish
And now you say Im too to blame for that
For the furthering poisoning of my own people
For another beautiful soul
Soon to be lost
To the monstrous peculiar institutions
That have become the ghetto

It is that I loved you too much
That drove you to such desperation
Instead of you admitting
Your lack of ambition and consideration
Driving me from you in the first place
To ask for my complacency
And acceptance
Of you
And this life you have accepted
Is to destroy everything within me


see the original post here: http://www.drytear.net/index.php?showtopic=20476&hl=

No comments: