Friday, December 30, 2011

Vintage Poetry: Send For My Love

May not know much
About much of anything
But I need him
For myself to complete

Don’t know where he is
Don’t even know who
But I know in his
Arms is where I need to be

He could warm my heart
So cold
With all the hot passion
My body could hold
And whispers
That soothe the soul

He could keep my sorrow
From raining down my face
As my love would shower
Over him with
Such a sweet embrace

I’m not asking for the world
Or even a grain of sand
Just his affection and favor or
To simply hold my hand
Solitude is nice
But all be damned
This quest is killing me
WHERE IS MY MAN?!

If he were here,
I would not have this fear
I could not cry these tears
I would not long
For him to be near

If he were here,
He could be there
For me
To fill the lonesome
Somber nights
And grey days
That have come to
Consume my content
To be replaced by
Barren gloom

He needs to seriously hurry
Without further delay
And once he’s here
I’ll beg him stay
Because there’s only so much
Of his absence
That I can take


see the original post here: http://www.drytear.net/index.php?showtopic=20377&hl=

No comments: